Call for Artists
6th Annual National Undergraduate Juried Exhibition
Deadline: February 7, 2022
Exhibition Dates: April 22 – June 12, 2022
Calling all undergraduate artists! The Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art (AKMA) is presenting an excellent opportunity to place your artwork on view in a nationally recognized museum. The National Undergraduate Juried Exhibition takes place in tandem with the annual Undergraduate Art History Symposium.
The exhibition is open to students enrolled in undergraduate programs in the United States during the 2021-2022 academic year. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. All artwork must be the original work of the submitting artist and created within a year of submission.
How to participate:
1. Read guidelines and fill out Entry Form.
2. Submit entry fee of $10. You may submit up to three (3) works.
3. Include digital images with correct formatting and file names
4. Send application materials to Megan Benitz, AKMA Registrar by February 7, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- To submit by email: Send all files to Megan Benitz at: email@example.com
- To submit by mail: Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art 2818 Frederick Ave St. Joseph, Missouri 64506
February 7, 2022, 11:59pm: Registration deadline (online submission or postmark for mailed entries)
March 4, 2022: Notification of results sent via email
April 15, 2022: Shipped artworks must be received at AKMA
April 18, 2022, 12-4pm: Hand delivery of artwork to the AKMA
April 22, 2022, 4-7pm: Opening reception for exhibition
June 12, 2022: Exhibition closes; return of shipped work within 10 business days
June 13, 2022, 12pm-5pm: Pick up of hand-delivered work
Mosaic Life Care Art Experience Galleries
Deadline: March 4, 2022
Exhibition Dates: April – September 2022
Mosaic Life Care and the Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art invite artists who reside within 100 miles of St. Joseph, MO, to participate in the Mosaic Life Care Juried Exhibition. This year, the theme is Artist’s Choice. Each artist may submit an unlimited number of works for the $20 entry fee. The submission deadline for the next Mosaic Art Experience Exhibition will be March 4, 2022.
To submit artwork:
1. Read all official rules of entry and confirm eligibility.
2. Complete Entry Form:
- Complete Title, Media, and Dimensions, etc., for each work submitted. Frame size should be provided for two-dimensional work, and depth and weight on the Inventory Form.
- Include image(s): digital (preferred) or 4″x6″ (minimum) photograph of work(s).
- Review and sign the acknowledgement section of Entry Form.
3. Pay Entry Fee ($20 per artist for unlimited entries)
4. Submit Entry Form and documents (as listed above) by Friday, March 4, 2022 at 11:59 pm:
- By email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: MLC Art Experience Galleries, Artist Name First and Last)
- By mail: Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art, Attn: MLC Art Experience Galleries Entries, 2818 Frederick Ave. St. Joseph, MO 64506
Found Objects Exhibition
Deadline: June 10, 2022
Exhibition Dates: June 18 – September 11, 2022
Found art is created when odd, disparate, unlikely, even long-abandoned castoffs are put together with other similarly unexpected remnants to create something new and, if all goes as planned, lovely.Leeana Tankersley, Found Art: Discovering Beauty in Foreign Places
The Albrecht-Kemper Museum is excited to announce a new art making and exhibition opportunity. Artists will choose an object from a collection of found objects gathered by the AKMA staff and friends. We want artists to use these objects as a creative inspiration for a new artwork that will be exhibited at the museum. Will you photograph it? Use it as the subject of a painting? Use it in a sculpture? Build a collage? How the object is incorporated into your work is up to you.
The exhibition is open to all citizens of the United States. All artwork must be the original work of the submitting artist. Please see the Entry Form and Guidelines for submission requirements.
How to participate:
- Select an object from the Found Object box. If you can’t visit the museum in person, we will select an item and mail it to you for an additional $10 for shipping and handling.
- Pay entrance fee ($20 per object for current AKMA members or $30 per object for non-members) and additional shipping (if applicable). Payment is due at the time of object pickup.
3. Read guidelines, complete Entry Form, and turn in with submission. Artwork must arrive at the museum by June 10, 2022.
- June 10, 2022: Shipped artworks must be received at AKMA
- June 12, 2022, 1pm-4pm & June 13, 10am-1pm: Hand delivery of artwork to the AKMA
- June 17, 2022, 4-7pm: Exhibition Opening Reception
- September 11, 2022: Exhibition closes; return of shipped work within 14 days (artist must pay shipping fees or arrange for pick up).
- September 12 & 13, 2022: Pick up of hand-delivered work. Entries must be picked up after the close of the Exhibition. The museum will not store artworks. Artwork not picked up within 30 days is subject to disposal.
Annual High School Exhibition
Deadline: Application by invitation only
Exhibition Dates: February 27 – April 16, 2022
The annual High School Exhibition is a long-running tradition at the AKMA and is an opportunity to nurture emerging talent in high school students.
Entry into this exhibition is by invitation only and extends to high schoolers in Northwest Missouri, Northeast Kansas, Kansas City and in the surrounding areas.
Are you an art teacher who would like to learn more? Please email Megan Benitz, AKMA Registrar and Exhibitions Manager, by email or by phone at (816) 233-7003.