Call for Artists
AKMA Art Fair
Deadline to apply: April 22, 2022 (deadline extended – only a few spots left!)
Event Date: Saturday, June 4, 2022 from 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
The AKMA is fulfilling its mission to promote emerging artists in the region with the first annual AKMA Art Fair. Featuring fine artists from across the region, this is the perfect moment to discover original artwork while supporting local artists. This event will also include musical performances, brunch and dinner café, a cash bar, and much more. Collectors and casual art enthusiasts alike will find unique pieces to suit a variety of tastes and price points.
Eligibility: Must exhibit work of original concept, design, and execution. All work must be original. No work will be exhibited which has been made with the use of commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, stencils, or prefabricated forms. At least 50% of the items for sale must be original. Reproductions, note cards, etc. based on the exhibitor’s original work are allowed but must be no more than 50% of the items for sale. All works exhibited must be suitable for an all-ages event. Must be 18 years or older to participate.
Exhibitor Spaces: Exhibitor spaces will be assigned. Each booth space will be 10’x10′. Electrical hookups are NOT available. If you have special space needs, please include your request with your application and we will make every effort to accommodate you.
Staffing: Exhibitor tables/booths must be manned at all times and intact until show closes at 8pm. The AKMA is not responsible for merchandise or display materials.
Entry Requirements: 4 photos of work and 1 of booth must be attached to the application form or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A $25 application fee is due upon submission of the application.
Notification: If selected an additional booth fee of $25 per 10’x10′ assigned space will be due upon notification. Notification of acceptance is approximately 2 weeks. Fees can also be mailed to AKMA, 2818 Frederick Ave, St. Joseph, MO 64506 This is a no- refund show including but not limited to weather, unforeseen circumstances, or personal.
Found Objects Exhibition
Deadline: June 10, 2022
Exhibition Dates: June 18 – September 11, 2022
Found art is created when odd, disparate, unlikely, even long-abandoned castoffs are put together with other similarly unexpected remnants to create something new and, if all goes as planned, lovely.Leeana Tankersley, Found Art: Discovering Beauty in Foreign Places
The Albrecht-Kemper Museum is excited to announce a new art making and exhibition opportunity. Artists will choose an object from a collection of found objects gathered by the AKMA staff and friends. We want artists to use these objects as a creative inspiration for a new artwork that will be exhibited at the museum. Will you photograph it? Use it as the subject of a painting? Use it in a sculpture? Build a collage? How the object is incorporated into your work is up to you.
The exhibition is open to all citizens of the United States. All artwork must be the original work of the submitting artist. Please see the Entry Form and Guidelines for submission requirements.
How to participate:
- Select an object from the Found Object box. If you can’t visit the museum in person, we will select an item and mail it to you for an additional $10 for shipping and handling.
- Pay entrance fee ($20 per object for current AKMA members or $30 per object for non-members) and additional shipping (if applicable). Payment is due at the time of object pickup.
3. Read guidelines, complete Entry Form, and turn in with submission. Artwork must arrive at the museum by June 10, 2022.
- June 10, 2022: Shipped artworks must be received at AKMA
- June 12, 2022, 1pm-4pm & June 13, 10am-1pm: Hand delivery of artwork to the AKMA
- June 17, 2022, 4-7pm: Exhibition Opening Reception
- September 11, 2022: Exhibition closes; return of shipped work within 14 days (artist must pay shipping fees or arrange for pick up).
- September 12 & 13, 2022: Pick up of hand-delivered work. Entries must be picked up after the close of the Exhibition. The museum will not store artworks. Artwork not picked up within 30 days is subject to disposal.
Annual Membership Exhibition
Artwork drop off: January 2023
Would you like to be an exhibiting artist at the AKMA? For over 40 years, the Albrecht-Kemper has hosted an annual exhibition exclusively featuring talent from its members. Look for more information about the 2023 Membership Exhibition in late 2022.
Not a member? Membership has many perks, including the opportunity to exhibit your artwork. When you join, you are included in a diverse community of artists, art enthusiasts, and friends at the Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art.