Hours & Admission
Plan Your Visit
2818 Frederick Ave
St. Joseph, MO 64506
We are located off of Interstate 29, exit 47. Go 1.5 miles west on Frederick Avenue, the museum is on the south side of the street.
- Tuesday-Friday from 10 am – 4 pm
- Saturday & Sunday from 1 – 4 pm.
We are closed Mondays and major holidays including Easter Sunday, 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
- Adults 18 & over: $10.00
- Senior Citizens: $8.00
- Under 18 & Students w/valid ID: $7.00
- Children under 6 & AKMA Members: FREE
AKMA After Hours: On the fourth Tuesday of the month we are open from 5:00 to 7:00 pm with FREE admission for all. Check out our calendar of events for details.
Interested in bringing a group? We have group rates available. Call us to find out more (816) 233-7003, or see more here.
Blue Star Museum The Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art is a proud member of the Blue Star Museum program. We offer free admission to active-duty military personnel and their families year-round.
AKMA Membership means you are part of a vibrant arts community–plus, there are great perks. Become a member today!
You are welcome here. We strive to make the Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art as accessible as possible, both physically and educationally. After all, you are the reason we are here!
- Wheelchairs and small, foldable stools are available to borrow in the coatroom.
- Limited seating is available in the galleries.
- Step-free access for visitors is available on the south side of the building (closest to the parking lot). Due to the historic nature of the museum’s architecture, access to the Library space is not ADA-accessible at this time. For questions about access to the building, to request assistance, or to plan your visit, please give us a call at (816) 233-7003.
Transportation Access: Crestview Bus Stop (both directions) on Line 13 (weekdays) and Line 19 (Saturdays only). For more information about St. Joseph Public Transit, click HERE.
Color Blind Access: We now offer four pairs of EnChroma glasses for visitors to borrow free of charge during their visit. EnChroma glasses can help people experiencing color blindness see an expanded range of colors. A government-issued photo identification is requested upon checkout. Please inquire at the front desk for more details.
To inquire about additional guest services, please send us an email or call (816) 233-7003.
Reserve your session
The museum is the perfect backdrop for photos of groups both large and small. Photos and videos for personal, non-commercial use on mobile devices and cameras is permitted and encouraged. Share on social media and tag us, @albrechtkemper!
To best accommodate photography requests, we kindly request you notify the museum in advance of your visit, either by telephone (816) 233-7003, or by email.
- Flash photography is not allowed in the galleries at any time.
- We ask guests to keep at least a 3-foot distance from the artworks, including being mindful of sculptures. Personal effects, including coats and handbags, should not be placed on pedestals where art is exhibited.
- Balloons, confetti, glitter, flower petals or other plant matter are not allowed in the building under any circumstances.
- Regular admission prices apply.
- Museum hours are Saturday-Sunday 1:00-4:00 pm, and Tuesday-Friday 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Certain works of art, as well as images of those works of art, may be protected by copyright, trademark, or related interests not owned by the AKMA. Permissions must be secured from any third-party rights holders. The responsibility for ascertaining the copyright status of a work, whether any such rights exist, and for obtaining all other necessary permissions remains solely with the user, and the AKMA will have no responsibility in connection with securing such necessary rights as they pertain to the visitor’s on-site media-capture activities.