“It’s so fine and yet so terrible to stand in front of a blank canvas”– Paul Cezanne
We all know that half of the battle of making art is just getting started. Join us for a workshop focusing on improving your sketching skills in a summer evening environment. Learn techniques in close observation, planning and mapping out projects, working with new media, and setting yourself up for future success.
Who is this class for?
We welcome adults and high school students who are interested in pushing forward in their sketchbook skills. We will host adults in the dining room, and teens in the classroom. This would be a great class for a parent and teenager to attend – at the same time but in different spaces!
Cash bar available.
How to participate
The class will have four sessions over two weeks:
- Thursday, July 1 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- Media Exploration- Tips and tricks for working with new media, for example: paint, marker, pastels, colored pencils, etc.
- Tuesday, July 6 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- Drawing from Observation- Side by side drawing from references and using a still life.
- Thursday, July 8 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- Keeping a Journal- Use of words and illustrations, staying on a schedule.
- Tuesday, July 13 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- Gathering Inspiration- Using a sketchbook to plan for larger projects, thumbnails.
Cost: $25 per class or $90 for all four classes