The Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art is currently accepting applications for a Part-Time Groundskeeper (20 hours per week or as needed).
Responsible for the maintenance and appearance of the Museum’s exterior and grounds
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Garden care including watering, planting, weeding, and trimming of all garden areas, planters, trees and shrubs
· Fountain care including cleaning and general maintenance
· Snow removal on walkways and sidewalks
· Works with Executive Director to assess grounds maintenance needs and supervision of outside contractors
· Care and upkeep of water feature/pond, including cleaning, winterizing, and pump maintenance.
· Occasional supervision of volunteers
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Basic knowledge of groundskeeping, including safe operation of power tools like chainsaws, brush trimmers, etc.
· Ability to lift heavy objects (50+ lbs.), work in inclement weather and perform manual labor
· Ability to respond to emergency situations/flexible schedule for weather-related tasks
$10.30+ per hour (commensurate with experience)
Please send resume to: Eric Fuson, Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art, 2818 Frederick Ave, St. Joseph, MO 64506 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.