A unique place for your unique event
From weddings and baby showers to corporate retreats and class reunions, we know you want to create a special moment for the loved ones in your life. The Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art creates a one-of-a-kind space for you to celebrate those milestones.
The museum offers a variety of rooms to accommodate groups ranging from 10-200. Our Events Manager is happy to consult with you on making your event a safe and comfortable environment for all guests.
Make Your Dream a Reality
Packages & Options
We offer two package levels to fit your needs and your budget.
The Standard Package includes:
- Use of any spaces in the museum
- Four (4) hours of event time and one (1) hour of set-up time
- Full use of kitchen by a licensed caterer of your choice
- Use of table service & settings (dishes, silverware, glassware)
- Beverage bar with iced water
- Event set-up and clean-up by AKMA staff
- Museum staff and security
The Premium Package includes:
- All amenities provided in standard package
- Table linens and cloth napkins
- Expanded beverage bar with choice of iced tea, lemonade, or punch
- Availability of select centerpieces and decorations
Why not try an art class by one of our experienced educators, or get a private tour of the collection? The look and feel of your event is customizable. Please note: these services are subject to additional fees.
- Bar service with licensed bar staff (offered Monday – Saturday)
- Use of audio-visual equipment
- White chair covers
- Art lessons and activities
- Guided tours of the museum and exhibitions
Food and Drink
Part of every special event is the food, and we have a list of area caterers to ease the stress of planning anything from small plates to three course dinners. For events serving alcoholic beverages, our bartenders will serve your guests. We also have centerpieces, linens, and other decorations available to rent to make your event special.
Please note: Due to health regulations, all food must be from a licensed caterer. We have a list of preferred caterers, and are happy to discuss your vision during a consultation with our Events Manager.
A World-Class Museum for your Unique Event
We have a fabulous collection of world-class artwork on view. Each time you visit we may have something new. We cannot guarantee that any piece will be on view during your event. In order to protect our collection of original artwork, certain items are not permitted in the galleries including fresh-cut greenery (flowers are permitted from a florist), confetti, open flame, and balloons. Please contact us with any questions.
The staff of the AKMA is committed to making your vision a reality. To request more information or to book an event, please contact Amber Wilcox, Events Manager, at 816-233-7003.
Special event rentals are available exclusively to groups with at least one current AKMA member in good standing. Special rates available for groups under 10 and non-profit organizations. Additional event time can be added for 20% of rental fee per hour.
Ready to plan your event?
Contact Amber Wilcox, Events Manager