MUSEUM HOURS AND ADMISSIONS
We are open to the public and strive to keep the museum as safe as possible for staff and visitors. To keep our youngest community members safe as well as our staff, we require masks of all guests and visitors inside the building at all times.
Address and Directions
2818 Frederick Ave
St. Joseph, MO 64506
Step-free access for visitors is available on the south side of the building (closest to the parking lot). Due to the historic nature of the museum’s architecture, access to the Library space is not ADA-accessible at this time. For questions about access to the building, to request assistance, or to plan your visit, please give us a call at (816) 233-7003.
- Tuesday-Friday from 10 am – 4 pm
- Saturday & Sunday from 1 – 4 pm.
We are closed Mondays and major holidays including Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas Eve and Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
- Adults 18 & over: $5.00
- Senior Citizens: $2.00
- Under 18 & Students w/valid ID: $1.00
- Children under 6 & AKMA Members: FREE
AKMA Membership means you are part of a vibrant arts community–plus, there are great perks. Become a member today!
Interested in bringing a group? We have group rates available. Call us to find out more (816) 233-7003.
The Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art is a proud member of the Blue Star Museum program. We offer free admission to active-duty military personnel and their families year-round.
Check us out!
PHOTOGRAPHY IN THE MUSEUM
The museum is the perfect backdrop for photos of groups both large and small. Photos and videos for personal, non-commercial use on mobile devices and cameras is permitted and encouraged. Share on social media and tag us!
To best accommodate photography requests, we kindly request you notify the museum in advance of your visit, either by telephone (816) 233-7003, or by email.
- Flash photography is not allowed in the galleries at any time.
- We ask guests to keep at least a 3-foot distance from the artworks, including being mindful of sculptures. Personal effects, including coats and handbags, should not be placed on pedestals where art is exhibited.
- Balloons, confetti, glitter, flower petals or other plant matter are not allowed in the building under any circumstances.
- Regular admission prices apply.
- Museum hours are Saturday-Sunday 1:00-4:00 pm, and Tuesday-Friday 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Certain works of art, as well as images of those works of art, may be protected by copyright, trademark, or related interests not owned by the AKMA. Permissions must be secured from any third-party rights holders. The responsibility for ascertaining the copyright status of a work, whether any such rights exist, and for obtaining all other necessary permissions remains solely with the user, and the AKMA will have no responsibility in connection with securing such necessary rights as they pertain to the visitor’s on-site media-capture activities.
Guided tours of the permanent collection and special exhibitions may be arranged at no additional cost during weekday museum hours. Please call the Education Department at (816) 233-7003 ext. 301 at least 14 days in advance. We ask that groups have a minimum of 10 persons.