This is a repeating eventmarch 24, 2022 5:30 pm
thu17mar5:30 pm7:30 pmVirtual/ Physical EventColored Pencil Happy Hour with Wanda Taylor5:30 pm - 7:30 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time
The perfect way to try something new! With 20+ years of experience in colored pencil, Wanda’s techniques include composition, use of complementary color, creating
The perfect way to try something new!
With 20+ years of experience in colored pencil, Wanda’s techniques include composition, use of complementary color, creating texture on the page, blending, and personal style. Guided lessons are available, or bring your own references. Wanda will walk you through the process step-by-step, layer by layer, as you learn her methods in colored pencil. All skill levels welcome. Join us for all five weeks or just when you can.
You will receive an email with a supply list and reference / process pictures to print at your convenience. A cash bar will be available to purchase refreshments during the class.
In-person class sizes are limited due to social distancing rules. We will continuously update our policies based on CDC guidelines. If you would like to join the class from the comfort of your home, a Zoom option is now available.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Thursday evenings from March 17 to April 14, 2022
5:30 – 7:30 pm
$35 per class or $160 for all five classes
(Virtual option available, please contact the museum at (816) 233-7003)
In case of inclement weather: The AKMA follows the MWSU closing schedule. If this class needs to be cancelled due to weather conditions, you will receive an email with further instructions.
Colored Pencil Class Supply List
- Colored pencil sketchbooks are great for beginners, but you will be happier with a heavy drawing paper like Stathmore 400 or watercolor paper. The smoothest one you can find or hot press.
- For black paper, use Stonehenge brand.
- If you want to invest in a high-end paper get Pastelmat. It comes in a variety of colors and can be hold many layers of colored pencil.
- Colored Pencils (a set of artist grade pencil). Wanda’s favorites include Lyra Rembrandt, or Faber-Castell. Prismacolor pencils made before 2012 are great, too!
- A white pencil eraser or a kneaded eraser.
- A pencil sharpener.
- Drafting Brush for keeping your paper clean from crumbs. Large, clean makeup brushes work well.
- A good reference picture printed to the same size you will be working in.
- Transfer paper for tracing.
- Odor-less oil painting solvent and paint brush for blending.
- Watercolor pencils.
(Thursday) 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time
Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art
2818 Frederick Avenue