This is a repeating eventdecember 7, 2023 5:30 pm
Colored Pencil Happy Hour with Wanda Taylor
The perfect way to try something new! With 20+ years of experience in colored pencil, Wanda’s techniques include composition, use of complementary color, creating
The perfect way to try something new!
With 20+ years of experience in colored pencil, Wanda’s techniques include composition, use of complementary color, creating texture on the page, blending, and personal style. Guided lessons are available, or bring your own references. Wanda will walk you through the process step-by-step, layer by layer, as you learn her methods in colored pencil. All skill levels welcome. Join us every week or just when you can.
A cash bar will be available to purchase refreshments during the class.
If you would like to join the class from the comfort of your home, a Zoom option is now available.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Thursday evenings from November 30 – December 21, 2023
5:30 – 7:30 pm
$130 for all 4 or
$35 per class
Colored Pencil Class Supply List
• Colored pencil sketchbooks are great for beginners, but you will be happier with a heavy drawing paper like Stathmore 400 or smooth watercolor/mixed media paper.
• Artist Grade Colored Pencils:
• Wanda’s favorites are Lyra Rembrandt, Faber-Castell, or Prismacolor Premier.
• white plastic or kneaded
• Pencil sharpener.
• If you want to invest in a high-end paper get Clairefontaine Pastelmat. It comes in a variety of colors and can hold many layers of colored pencil.
• Drafting brush for keeping your paper clean from crumbs. Large, clean makeup brushes also work well.
• A good reference picture printed to the same size you will be working in.
• Carbon transfer paper for tracing.
• Odor-less oil painting solvent and paint brush for blending.
• Watercolor pencils.
• Drawing Board.
(Thursday) 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm(GMT-06:00) View in my time
Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art
2818 Frederick Avenue
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
december 7, 2023 5:30 pm - december 7, 2023 7:30 pmdecember 14, 2023 5:30 pm - december 14, 2023 7:30 pmdecember 21, 2023 5:30 pm - december 21, 2023 7:30 pm