Colored Pencil Workshop with Wanda Taylor
Ready to dive into the world of colored pencils? This workshop will have a special lesson to start and then time to work on your
Ready to dive into the world of colored pencils?
This workshop will have a special lesson to start and then time to work on your personal project if you get done. Wanda will walk you through the process step by step, layer by layer, as you learn her methods in colored pencil. As always, this workshop will also be open to those that want to do their own projects with Wanda to guide them. All skill levels welcome.
With 20+ years of experience in colored pencil, Wanda will teach techniques in drawing and blending colored pencil. Basic drawing tips include composition, use of complementary color, creating texture on the page, blending, and personal style.
Lunch is included for in-person participants.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Wednesday, May 24, 2024
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
$105 per person / $95 virtual option
Main Supply List:
• Colored pencil sketchbooks are great for beginners, but you will be happier with a heavy drawing paper like Stathmore 400 or smooth watercolor/mixed media paper.
• Artist Grade Colored Pencils:
• Wanda’s favorites are Lyra Rembrandt, Faber-Castell, or Prismacolor Premier.
• white plastic or kneaded
• Pencil sharpener.
• If you want to invest in a high-end paper get Clairefontaine Pastelmat. It comes in a variety of colors and can hold many layers of colored pencil.
• Drafting brush for keeping your paper clean from crumbs. Large, clean makeup brushes also work well.
• A good reference picture printed to the same size you will be working in.
• Carbon transfer paper for tracing.
• Odor-less oil painting solvent and paint brush for blending.
• Watercolor pencils.
• Drawing Board.
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time
Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art
2818 Frederick Avenue