Watercolor Workshop :Painting with Linda Kinder
Just in time for the holidays: Make beautiful greeting cards and learn to paint in watercolor with award-winning artist Linda Kinder! Linda has been teaching all ages for
Just in time for the holidays: Make beautiful greeting cards and learn to paint in watercolor with award-winning artist Linda Kinder! Linda has been teaching all ages for decades and will discuss her techniques to achieve realistic results, such as using a watercolor blending medium. All levels of experience welcome, including those who have never painted before! This class is sponsored in part by the Missouri Valley Impressionist Society (MVIS), a national organization promoting modern Impressionism.
- Watercolor paper pad (Strathmore brand is a good place to start)
- Watercolor paintbrushes in a variety of sizes
- -fine tip, medium and large (they will be a softer sable compared to oil painting brushes) both flat and round sets
- Watercolor paint: primary colors (Windsor Newton brand or better)
- -ultramarine, lemon yellow, cadmium red, black, and white (are the minimum colors, you are welcome to bring more)
- Painters Tape
- Sketchpad to take notes and sketch a composition before you paint
- Pencil and eraser
- Photo reference appropriate to the topic
Lunch will be provided to participants. Please note any dietary restrictions.
The museum will provide hair dryers and backing boards, but you may want these for your own practice.
How to Participate
Wednesday, November 2, 2022
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
The AKMA follows Missouri Western State University’s policy in regards to inclement weather.
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm(GMT-05:00) View in my time
Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art
2818 Frederick Avenue